• Farthing, The Street

    Farthing, The StreetThree cottages destroyed by fire Good Friday 1945, Blacksmith’s Cottage behind

  • Blacksmith's shop

    Blacksmith's shop(now site of Horseshoe Cottage), Blacksmith’s Cottage behind

  • The Dower House

    The Dower Housenow Coney Weston House

  • The School / Reading Room

    The School / Reading Room

  • Hall Farmhouse

    Hall Farmhouse

  • Post Office and Parsonage 1904

    Post Office and Parsonage 1904Now Vine Cottage

  • The Street, 1915

    The Street, 1915

  • Flint Cottage (foreground)

    Flint Cottage (foreground)Barningham pre 1988, now Coney Weston, Holland Cottage in background on Coles Path

  • The Lodge 1904

    The Lodge 1904

  • The Lodge gate

    The Lodge gatetaken from the garden of the Post Office

  • The Post Office 1918

    The Post Office 1918

  • Street Farmhouse

    Street Farmhouse

  • Stone Cottages

    Stone CottagesNow demolished, these were on the site of what is now Westongate, Thetford Road

  • USAF servicemen marching down The Street

    USAF servicemen marching down The Streetsometime between 1943 and 1945

  • The Parsonage

    The Parsonage several cottages, plus later on also a betting office to the rear

  • Village Pond

    Village PondHorses drinking from pond with Street Farm in the background.

  • Thames Cottage Stores

    Thames Cottage Storesearly photo prior to The Butchers/Homestead being built

  • Town House Cottages

    Town House Cottagesthree cottages now demolished, TheTownhouse to the rear formerly two cottages,

  • Village War Memorial

    Village War MemorialThe photo pre-dates the village hall which wasn't built until 1922.

  • Dann's Cottage 1909

    Dann's Cottage 1909formerly a pair of cottages

  • St Mary's Church

    St Mary's Church

  • Coney Weston Hall 1920s

    Coney Weston Hall 1920s

  • The Dower House (now Coney Weston House)

    The Dower House (now Coney Weston House)

  • Coney Weston School

    Coney Weston School (later St Trinian’s, then St Mary’s) – photo taken from the Village Hall side

  • The Old School (Reading Room) The cottages on the left were demolished.

    The Old School (Reading Room) The cottages on the left were demolished.

  • Weavers, The Street

    Weavers, The Streetformerly the bakery

  • The Monmouthshires WW1

    The Monmouthshires WW1taken from the Post Office garden

  • Drift Cottages 1920s

    Drift Cottages 1920s

  • The Post Office

    The Post Office

  • Street Farm

    Street Farm

  • Council Houses, Rushford Road

    Council Houses, Rushford Road

  • Butcher’s now The Homestead, Thames Cottage Stores, now Thames Cottage

    Butcher’s now The Homestead, Thames Cottage Stores, now Thames Cottage

  • The Swan Inn 1920s

    The Swan Inn 1920s note the fenced in well in the foreground

  • Cedar Villa, Thetford Road

    Cedar Villa, Thetford RoadBarningham pre 1988, Coney Weston following boundary change

Welcome to our village website where you can find information which we hope you will find useful. This is an evolving site, so we welcome comments, additions or suggestions from villagers and visitors alike in order to create an invaluable resource for our village.

Events

Annual Parish Council Meeting

Tue, May. 4, 2021 7:00pm

Coney Weston Open Gardens

Sat, Jul. 17, 2021 11:00am — 5:00pm

See all events

News

Further Parish Council Vacancy

There is a second vacancy for a Parish Councillor for Coney Weston.

West Suffolk Local Plan update

The Local Plan Issues and Options consultation closed on 22 December and received a high number of comments, with over 3000 individual representations received.

Road Closure

The Street is closed between the pond and the village hall on the 15th and possibly 16th April to carry cleansing and jetting work and CCTV survey.

See all news

Facebook